|Pioneering Solutions For More Than 20 Years.
Excess Space Retail Services, Inc., with offices in Lake Success, New York and Huntington Beach, California, was the first consulting and advisory firm to focus its business model around real estate disposition and lease restructuring (e.g. rent reductions) for retailers. We realized that it was a niche market and since our founding in 1992 by Michael Wiener, President and CEO, we have been steadfast in our belief that this specialized segment of real estate is best served by a dedicated team that can effectively and expeditiously exceed our clients' needs. We exclusively represent more retail real estate (leasehold and fee simple) annually throughout the US and Canada than most of our competitors combined and historically our rate of disposition/restructuring is 2 to 4 times faster!
Optimizing Portfolios Through Custom-Tailored Programs.
By implementing comprehensive and creative solutions that are tailored to the needs of each client, Excess Space has grown into the largest US company specifically geared towards disposition, lease restructuring and lease renewal services. We have spent more than 20 years cultivating our highly developed processes and have put over $4 billion in capital back to work for our clients. We have developed a technological infrastructure that is unique to our industry and streamlines the process significantly on behalf of our clients. Additionally, our national network of more than 450 brokerage companies provides unsurpassed geographic coverage and a keen grasp of local markets, allowing us to provide our retail clients with a hands-on approach and individualized solutions for each of their sites.
Maximizing The Value Of Real Estate.
Whether a retailer's disposition, lease restructuring or lease renewal goals are related to M&A activity, underperforming locations, relocations, downsizings, change in prototype, corporate restructuring or the normal course of business (i.e., pending critical dates), Excess Space implements Best-In-Class programs focused on maximizing the value of real estate for our clients by:
- Sourcing opportunities for leased surplus properties through subleasing, assignment and lease termination for both closed and operating locations
- Expediting the sale and/or leasing of owned or surplus properties (inclusive of land)
- Effecting bulk sales of leased and owned properties within a surplus portfolio (inclusive of operating locations)
- Offering a wide range of lease restructuring (rent reductions; partial lease terminations; downsizings/rightsizings; etc.) and lease renewal services
- Completing comprehensive research and analysis of a real estate portfolio in advance of disposition, lease restructuring and lease renewal negotiations, so as to greatly enhance the decision-making and negotiating process
Making Clients' Challenges Our Concern.
At Excess Space, we pride ourselves on being innovative, agile and customer service-oriented. Our clients receive significant attention from a partner who understands their business and is committed to their success. Our employees have a vested interest in the company that drives them to focus on performance and results. Their purposeful commitment to servicing client accounts is evident whether the project is 10, 100 or 1,000 locations.